It has been over four years now since Holden joined our family. His journey started off bumpy and he's had to overcome some health challenges. But the Little Monkey continues to fight his way to becoming strong and healthy. We are so blessed to have him as our son. He inspires us and melts our hearts every day. Thank you for joining us on this journey. We've appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Baby Holden Update



Today was a pretty big day for Holden. First, he had a nice visit with Grandpa. He was awake and alert and thought Grandpa would enjoy hearing him cry while Mommy changed his diaper.

Although the little munchkin continues to go at his own pace, he is slowly improving on his bottle feedings. They've also moved his nasal cannula down to 3/4 liter to slowly wean him off of it.

And the little guy finally graduated to the 7th Floor Special Care Unit. They call this the floor for the "growers and feeders" who are one step closer to going home. Holden has his own room/space and it will be much more comfortable for him, Mommy, Daddy and visitors. Please say an extra prayer that Holden masters his "suck, swallow, breathing" skill and learns to take 8 bottle/breast feedings, so we can bring our son home.


I thank God every day for Holden and the strength God has given him to fight through this - his first life challenge. I also thank him for all of you. We've been so touched by the outpouring of love and support from family, friends and people we barely even know. Holden, Reece and I thank each and every one of you. We also wanted to say a special thank you to Ellen Cuomo, the author of the poem "Faith Is" that we included under the inspiration section of this web page. Ellen happened upon our blog and has left us a couple of inspiring comments. Her poem was on a greeting card I received after my Dad passed away years ago. I kept it all this time because the saying truly inspired me and reminded me of the importance of finding the "light in the midst of darkness". We are all going to deal with challenges in our life. I believe the one thing we can control is ourselves and how we handle these challenges. For me, it is my FAITH that gets me through.

God Bless,
Christine AKA "Mommy"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.K. YOU LEFT ME IN TEARS!!!! YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WAY WITH WORDS. I LOVE YOU,SISTER!!!!!