It has been over four years now since Holden joined our family. His journey started off bumpy and he's had to overcome some health challenges. But the Little Monkey continues to fight his way to becoming strong and healthy. We are so blessed to have him as our son. He inspires us and melts our hearts every day. Thank you for joining us on this journey. We've appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Brave Little Monkey

Overall Holden continues to do well, however, something in his blood work came back elevated today. So they've sent cultures to the lab to see if he has an infection (boo). But in the meantime, they've started him on antibiotics. Let's hope it is not an infection, but if it is, hopefully they've caught it early enough where it does not cause the little Monkey to have any complications.

Mommy did not have a great day. I somehow got a tube stuck in the crib and ended up causing Holden's G-Tube to come out of his belly. Milk was shooting everywhere (a new meaning to "Got Milk?") and the poor little guy started screaming. I am sure he was frightened by my reaction. So now I am traumatizing my poor kid!!! Fortunately, doctors were able to replace the tube and all is well - except I feel incredibly guilty.

Doctors have reduced the amount of pain medicine Holden is receiving, so he was a little more fussy today. His first tooth finally cut through today (YEAH). I imagine some of his fussing is related to that. Fortunately he also had some good (comfortable) times where he would play with his toys, stuffed animals and us!

We are so appreciative of all of your well wishes and prayers. We tell Holden every day how many people love him and are pulling for him. Hopefully he just keeps getting better and better!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE PRAYED FOR HOLDEN AND A QUICK AND INFECTION FREE RECOVERY TONIGHT AT CHURCH. I'M GLAD YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR THROUGH ALL THIS, MILK MOMMA!!!! PERFECT TIME FOR THE TOOTH TO COME, I BET HOLDEN WANTS TO USE IT TO EAT SOME YUMMY FOOD. I HOPE WE CAN COME SEE YOU AGAIN REAL SOON. KEEP "HOLDEN" FAITH!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL, AUNT JO-JO