It has been over four years now since Holden joined our family. His journey started off bumpy and he's had to overcome some health challenges. But the Little Monkey continues to fight his way to becoming strong and healthy. We are so blessed to have him as our son. He inspires us and melts our hearts every day. Thank you for joining us on this journey. We've appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's the little things that matter

If ever there was a wake up call in life - this has been it for me. I can honestly say I am enjoying every moment with Holden. It is amazing how big the little things now seem. I love our play time (he loves his new exer-saucer), naps and evening walks. He is reaching for everything. I think it is so sweet, when he gently runs his fingers through my hair. But, I am sure it is just a matter of time before he'll be yanking my hair out!!

He is doing better with car rides and we went to visit Daddy at work last week. It was great for our BLP family to finally meet our little guy!




Saturdays are full of SEC Football in our house and Holden is learning to root for both LSU and UF. I am not sure what we'll do when our teams play on 10/11. I guess whomever wakes up first will dress the little monkey.

Holden has an appointment with both his cardiologist and pulmonologist on Thursday. We'll post Thurs or Fri and let you know how things go.

I know I sound like a broken record, but thank you for all of your prayers and acts of kindness. We continue to feel the strength from everyone's prayers and we know God is watching over Holden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'VE GOT TO COME SEE YOU SOON. HOLDEN LOOKS SO MUCH BIGGER SINCE I SAW HIM LAST. THE LITTLE MONKEY IS CHUNKING UP!!! I LOVE THE PICTURE OF HIM IN THE EXERSAUCER. I'M VERY HAPPY HE SEEMS TO BE FEELING BETTER AND HOPE THE NEWS ON THURSDAY WILL BE POSITIVE. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, JOANNE

Anonymous said...

Christine & Reece,
You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for sharing Holden with us!!!
It is so good to see pictures of him with that sparkle in his eyes.
Lots of prayers and good doctor vibes to you for this week's visit.

Holden,
You are such a lucky guy to have your Mommy and Daddy. They love you so much. Keep growing, be strong, be healthy.

Hugs,
Donna, Brad, Megan & Seth

Anonymous said...

Christine - That is awesome you could have the baptism. Y'all remain in our prayers.
Pete